Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Something to Gnaw on



Folks, this is my lunch. For health and budget reasons, I have resorted to eating like a rabbit. It's bad enough I have to eat it, what's worse is I have to start my morning chopping whatever that went in there.

That is why I was late... for a client presentation.

My account manager was fervently calling on my mobile to ask for my location while I was struggling to get a cab in this blistering Makati heat with print ads AND this salad in tow. I arrived on the 3rd slide of the powerpoint and just thanked my lucky stars that I was last on the agenda. I kicked the lunch box under my seat (nakakasira kasi ng porma, naka-Zara pa man din ako ngayon) then presented my stuff.

Now this client is known to nit-pick little details. But on that presentation, the stars must have aligned. They approved everything on the first pass, One client even said "see, I'm not that difficult!" And while I was quizzing myself on the fact why there were NO REVISIONS (so far, keeping fingers crossed) I was back to my office in less than an hour -- With my salad.

The herb vinaigrette is waayy too sour. I don't think I should have this again.
But the day sure is sweet. :-)

No comments: